CPD Programmes and Compliance Audits
The Council's recertification programme framework is based on a continuing professional development (CPD) model.
A condition of being issued with an APC is you must provide evidence of enrolment and satisfactory progress in a Council-approved recertification programme. Medical laboratory technicians must be able to provide evidence they have undertaken at least 8 hours of professional development activity in the previous twelve-month period.
Examples of verifiable CPD activities include:
- conferences, courses and workshops
- web-based learning (with verifiable outcomes)
- postgraduate study (leading to a qualification relevant to the practitioner’s scope of practice)
- approved in-service training or peer contact activities
- presentation at an oral health seminar.
For information regarding your scope of practice: