Changing Your Name or Address

If you are registered with the Council, you are required under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 to promptly notify the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand of any changes to your name and/or address.

Even if you are not currently practising in your profession, as long as you remain on the register, you must notify the Council of any address and/or name change.

Name changes must be accompanied by formal evidence of a legal name change such as a certified copy of your marriage certificate, deed poll, or statutory declaration.  A photocopy of any document must be certified as a true copy by a Justice of the Peace, or a solicitor, or other officer authorised to take statutory declarations.