MLS Registration – BMLS Graduates
If you are a graduate of the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science qualification programme you are eligible to register with the Council immediately upon receipt of confirmation that you have met all the programme requirements.
Applications are to be made through the online registration link. Please note the fee to apply for registration is non-refundable if your application is not successful.
Once you have completed the application, you will receive a confirmation email with a checklist that is to be included with your application along with the following documentation:
- A certified copy of your qualification. A photocopy may be certified as a true copy by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court; and
- Two Certificates of Standing and Experience (personal and professional) completed by persons unrelated to you. Click here for the certificate of standing and experience; and
- Your application must be accompanied with the registration fee payment, you can make payment online when you complete the online application; and
- Evidence of name change if applicable; and
- A criminal conviction notice that is no more than three months old. Please note, criminal check certificates issued by a third party will not be accepted. Click here for the criminal convictions request form.
What if I haven’t graduated yet, and don’t have my qualification certificate?
The Council is aware you will not receive your qualification certificate until the following graduation ceremony, consequently the Council receives from the education providers an official list of those who have successfully passed the course; however the Council does require applicants to submit a certified copy of your qualification once you have received it.
How long will registration take?
Providing your application is received with all the required documentation and the full registration fee payment, your application will be processed within 10 working days and you can expect to receive confirmation of registration within 15 working days from the day your application was received by the Council.
What Happens Next?
Once provisional registration has been granted you must apply to the Council for an annual practising certificate prior to beginning work as a registered medical laboratory scientist.
Please note, if you apply for registration from 01 February the year you graduate to 31 March of the same year, your APC will be at no charge. Please view fees schedule for more information
You can apply for your APC online, by clicking on the button found on the Council’s website and follow the instructions.