Renewing your APC
Resetting your password:
If you have forgotten your password you can use the “Forgotten Password” option to reset it. There are two ways you can reset your password:
- Enter the email address registered with the Council and we will send you a link to reset you password; or
- Or you can have it reset via text message.
If you have forgotten your password and you do not have access to the email address registered with the Council, and your mobile number is NOT entered into your contact details you can email the Council firstname.lastname@example.org we will update your email address.
Payments and fees:
There are several ways you can pay for your APC:
- Credit card,
- Poli payment using online banking
- Internet banking (make sure you enter your registration number in the reference box)
- Pay at your local Westpac branch (make sure you enter your registration number in the reference box)
The banking details can be found on your invoice which will be emailed to you at the time of application, or you can find your invoice under the invoice/document tab in your profile.
If you choose to not pay for your APC when you first apply, you can pay for it at a later date (prior to 31 march) using your credit card. You will find your invoice in the documents/invoices tab in “My Profile”. When you click on the invoice it will take you directly to a secure credit card payment page.
On your invoice you will also have internet banking details.
Please note: You will need to pay your invoice prior to 31 March to ensure you are holding a current APC on the 1st of April.
There is now a late fee payment for those who do not re-new their APC before 7th April of the renewing year.
Fees for the 2020/2021 APC
For current fees, please refer to the Council's fee schedule page.
If you have any problems applying for your APC, or require your email address to be updated, please email: email@example.com and someone will attend to your query as soon as possible.
I have not received my APC
If you have applied and paid for your APC but have not received it, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- the Council could be waiting for your supervisor to confirm your competency to practice (MLT and MLPAT only)
- the Council could be waiting for payment to go through
- you have made a declaration the Council needs to review
Once your APC has been issued, it will be emailed to your nominated email address, and it will also be placed under the invoice/document tab in your profile.
Each year you renew your APC you must complete a number of declarations. The Council would like to remind you of the importance of answering the questions correctly. The declaration you are asked to make must be accurately responded to. It is an offence to make any false declaration, and you could receive a fine of up to $10,000. (Section 172 of the HPCA Act 2003)
From 2019 the Council is collecting workforce data on behalf of Health Workforce New Zealand (HWNZ). When you renew your APC you will be asked to record:
- Your ethnicity. You will be able to select up to three ethnic groups.
- Details of each health care facility were you work as a health practitioner. If you work at more than one facility, you will be able to record up to three facilities
- The number of hours you work at each facility as a health practitioner
Please note the confidentiality of demographic data collected by the Council will be protected through the
anonymisation of workforce data provided to HWNZ.