The Council's Secretariat office will be closed from midday Friday 22 December 2023 to 8 January 2024. 

The Council would like to welcome all new graduates entering the register. Please note New Zealand graduates wishing to be registered must submit their complete registration application by 15 December 2023 and newly registered practitioners must submit their APC application before 20 December 2023 to receive their APC before the Christmas break.

Changing your details

If you are registered with the Council, you are required under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 to promptly notify the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand of any changes to your details: name and/or address.

Even if you are not currently practising in your profession, as long as you remain on the register, you must notify the Council of any change to your details.

Notice of a name change must be accompanied by a certified copy of your marriage certificate, deed poll, or statutory declaration. These documents must be certified as a true copy by a Justice of the Peace, or a solicitor, or an official authorised to make statutory declarations.