The Council's Secretariat office will be closed from midday Friday 22 December 2023 to 8 January 2024. 

The Council would like to welcome all new graduates entering the register. Please note New Zealand graduates wishing to be registered must submit their complete registration application by 15 December 2023 and newly registered practitioners must submit their APC application before 20 December 2023 to receive their APC before the Christmas break.

Working overseas

If you are registered with the Council and plan to leave New Zealand to work overseas, you must notify the Council and confirm your overseas contact details.

If you gain employment in medical laboratory science or anaesthetic technology overseas you may be required to provide your employer/registration body with evidence of your registration and competence to practise when in New Zealand. This evidence is provided within a Letter of Good Standing which you can obtain from the Council.